Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Shower for the Bride

One of my cousins got married this past Monday so we threw her a bridal shower brunch the Saturday just before the wedding so all of our out of town family could be included.
I'm not gonna lie, I had A LOT of fun planning this and putting it all together and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out.

As the guests arrived, we had a table set up for them to leave Mackenzie some marriage/relationship advice. My favorite one, "lower your expectations"...




For food we had mini parfaits, bacon, 3 types of donut holes,


pineapple, mini quiche, mini caprese bites,


plain and mint oreo truffles and lemon bars.


Water and peach grapefruit to drink.


For the centerpieces I used white hydrangeas and white fresia and lemon wedges.



 For a take home gift I made blueberry pancakes in a jar with a wooden spoon attached that I had spray painted to match the shower colors.


and here she is on her wedding day...


She is beautiful...the wedding was beautiful and I couldn't be more happy for her!

Love you Mackenzie!

***********

Shower supply favorite finds:

Hurricane vase and apothecary jars are from Home Goods
I took one of their engagement pictures and modge podged it to a painted wood block then glued a finial to the top and tied on some ribbon.
Mini parfait cylindars are 5 oz found on amazon.com
Mini quiche are from Super Target (yum)
The donut holes are from Costco (there are so delicious)
mini plastic tongs are from the dollar store (4 in a pack)
chevron fabric I found on etsy and then made squares by hemming the edges
the lidded mason type jars are from Ikea (rest of the jars are my friends)
I rolled the plastic ware into yellow napkins from Ikea and tied them with striped bakers twine I found on etsy.
The square appetizer plates I used for people to eat on are from Crate and Barrell...they are super cute and inexpensive and come in a great storage box.


2 comments:

Lisa Montsion said...

I'm really happen for your cousin. I hope she is happily married for the rest of her life.

lisa

Humaun Kabir said...

It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. I've learn many things from your site.

orlando moving companies

Related Posts with Thumbnails